Eggs Benedict with salmon and grapefruit hollandaise
Want to impress your friends and family at your next Sunday brunch? When challenged by the FMG team, Le St-Estèphe came up with the perfect recipe to spice up classic Eggs Benedict!
Here is a recipe for Eggs Benedict with salmon from the Chelsea Smokehouse and a grapefruit hollandaise sauce flambéed with Artist in Residence pink grapefruit gin.
4 egg yolks
30 ml (2 tbsp.) grapefruit juice
30 ml (2 tbsp.) water
250 ml (1 cup) melted butter, tempered
Salt and pepper to taste
A few grapefruit peels
As a garnish, a few grapefruit segments
- In the upper part of a double boiler, off the heat, whisk together the grapefruit juice, water and egg yolks. Place over simmering water and whisk continuously until thick and frothy.
- Remove the bowl from the water bath. Off the heat, whisk in the butter in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside at room temperature.
- Just before serving, return to the bain-marie for a few seconds, whisking until warm.
Bread of your choice (English muffin, sliced loaf, brioche bread, scone...)
1 capful of white vinegar
Smoked salmon from the Chelsea Smokehouse
1 oz of pink grapefruit gin from Artist in Residence distillery
- In a pot of simmering water, add 1 capful of white vinegar.
- Poach the eggs for about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Toast the bread and place two large slices of smoked salmon on top.
- Add a poached egg.
- Top with pink grapefruit hollandaise sauce.
- To spice things up, heat 1 ounce of pink grapefruit gin in a ladle. Flambé and pour over the egg Benedict.
Artist in Residence’s grapefruit ginBut why stop there? The friendly experts at the SAQ have suggested an effortless cocktail to help you experience Artist in Residence’s grapefruit gin as it is meant to be, allowing you to celebrate it’s refreshing taste, proudly made in Quebec.
Ingredients and instructions:
30 ml (1 oz) dry gin
5 oz (150 ml) grapefruit juice
1 grapefruit wedge
- Pour the dry gin and grapefruit juice into a highball glass with a few ice cubes.
- Stir with a mixing spoon.
- Garnish with a grapefruit wedge.
With this fiery duo, you'll be the star of the kitchen! Get all the local ingredients you need easily at IGA Extra Famille Charles. Don't forget to tag us on social media to share your culinary creations!