Grilled pineapple with Mayhaven and lime
In collaboration with Le St-Esthèphe, the FMG team has concocted 4 sizzling recipes to spice up your summer! After the salad and the brunch presented in the last few weeks, Le St-Esthèphe suggests a unique dessert to prepare on the BBQ! To make the most of the summer heat, what could be better than a grilled pineapple with Mayhaven and lime?
This dessert is so simple to prepare! A quick visit to IGA Extra Famille Charles will help you find all your ingredients easily. Now that you have everything you need, follow these instructions to transform yourself into a true BBQ master!
1 pineapple, cut into chunks
Juice of 2 limes
60 ml (1/4 cup) Mayhaven (Artist in Residence distillery ginger alcohol)
30 ml (2 tbsp.) maple syrup
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) fleur de sel
1.25 ml (1/4 tsp.) hot pepper flakes
8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 15 minutes
Grated coconut, toasted
- Preheat barbecue to high.
- Oil the grill.
- In a bowl, combine pineapple chunks with lime juice, Mayhaven, maple syrup, salt and hot pepper flakes.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes to bring out the flavours.
- Remove pineapple pieces and set aside the marinade. Thread the pineapple chunks onto skewers and grill for 3 minutes on each side, brushing with marinade a few times.
- Place the grilled pineapple skewers on a serving platter.
- Spice up the presentation with grated coconut and serve with coconut yoghurt.
To liven up the mood at the end of the evening, the experts at the SAQ suggest accompanying your pineapple dish with a signature cocktail.
Using Noroi Esprit-des-Caraïbes rum, a product proudly made in Quebec, this pineapple cocktail the perfect accompaniment to the dessert offered by Le St-Estèphe. Here are the ingredients needed to prepare the Tropical Sweetness.
Ingredients and preparation
60 ml (2 oz) Noroi Esprit-des-Caraïbes amber rum
45 ml (1½ oz) peach liqueur
2½ oz (75 ml) pineapple juice
60 ml (2 oz) orange juice
- In a highball glass with a few ice cubes, pour all the liquid ingredients.
- Stir with a mixing spoon.
- Garnish with a peach slice and pineapple leaves.
If you prefer an alcohol-free version, non-alcoholic rum can be substituted or rum can simply be omitted. You'll have a great dessert accompaniment that everyone will love!
Now it's time to invite your friends and family to enjoy this fiery duo! We bet you'll have the best summer evening ever!