A series of FMG events offered in Gatineau this summer!
News releases | June 18, 2020
The FMG - Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival - is proud to present a series of summer activities aimed at energizing and entertaining its community during this unprecedented event season, while respecting the current public health measures and physical distancing guidelines. As such, the FMG is joining forces with partners such as the Maison de la culture de Gatineau, the Grands Feux du Casino Lac-Leamy and Radio-Canada Ottawa-Gatineau to present a series of cultural events crafted around the cornerstone elements that have made the Festival a success for over 30 years:
1. The Tout Inclus summer television program presented weekdays at 6:30 p.m. from July 6th to August 21st on ICI RADIO-CANADA TÉLÉ will feature the FMG each week to showcase the talent of emerging artists from the Outaouais region.
2. August 15th (weather permitting) - The Grands Feux du Casino Lac-Leamy and the FMG will combine their events to deploy a dazzling surprise from east to west of the city. More information to come in mid-July.
3. August 21st - The FMG will offer, in collaboration with the Maison de la culture de Gatineau, a conceptual show bringing together emerging artists from the Outaouais region and six renowned artists, including Véronic DiCaire, Matt Lang, Geneviève Leclerc and Patrice Bélanger. This unique show will be webcast live from the StudiOdyssée in the Salle Odyssée.
4. August 29th (broadcast via StudiOdyssée in case of rain) - The FMG is inviting Gatineau families to the Parc de la Baie, for a morning of outdoor family fun featuring Daniel Coutu, Outaouais’s favorite magician. Gatineau families won’t want to miss another exciting show by Ari Cui Cui via the StudiOdyssée on July 9 at 7 p.m. live from the Salle Odyssée. These two shows will be offered free of charge to the community in partnership with the Maison de la culture de Gatineau.
5. September 4th, 2020 - The FMG will present its traditional comedy gala in collaboration with the Maison de la culture de Gatineau live from the Salle Odyssée, featuring several comedians and musical group Bleu Jeans Bleu. This unique gala will be presented on the Web via the StudiOdyssée of the Maison de la culture de Gatineau.
6. As for hot air balloons, the FMG is currently assessing the public health guidelines to determine the possibility of resuming flights and tethered flights over the course of the summer.
“For the FMG, it was essential to contribute to the region’s community and cultural landscape. Although we are limited in the deployment of our brand and in the possibility of bringing our community and tourists together, we are proud to be able to offer a series of micro events this summer, which will allow the public to reconnect with the cornerstone elements that make up the DNA of our festival: music, comedy, emerging artists, family entertainment, fireworks and hot air balloons” says Sandra Cloutier, Executive Director of the FMG.
“A sincere thank you to our loyal partners, namely the City of Gatineau, Québec Ministry of Tourism, Loto-Québec, Hydro-Québec, SAQ and Desjardins, who make these projects possible and accessible, allow the FMG to retain its expertise and who , thanks to their continuing contributions, will allow the Festival to return in 2021” mentions Stéphane Riel, president of the FMG.
Details of the programming, broadcasting methods and pricing, if applicable, will be disclosed in the coming weeks depending on the progress of the projects. We are exploring the possibility of allowing some of the projects to be broadcast in front of studio audiences if public health and government guidelines allow. The FMG will respect all measures required to ensure the health of its staff, that of its collaborators and of the participants in the event that the members of the public are invited to attend the events in person.
Michelle O’Neil, director of partnerships
Email : email@example.com Phone : 819-743-7200