A totally pumped FMG with a new vision
The Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival (FMG), presented by Loto-Québec in collaboration with Desjardins, has a new strategic vision and a new brand! Both were announced this morning at a press conference by FMG spokesperson Patrice Bélanger, FMG Executive Director Sandra Cloutier and FMG Programming Producer Marie-Claude D’Aoust.
The strategic vision and its impact can be summed up as follows:
- an 18 month-long in-depth review and market analysis, including satisfaction surveys, focus groups and guidance from the outgoing General Manager of the Festival d’été de Québec, Daniel Gélinas;
- a significant budget increase from $4.4 M to over $6 M;
- additional investments, mainly focused on artistic programming;
- a DNA evolving into features with more drawing power in regard to musical programming and family activities;
- a substantive offer for kids and teens comprising a whole new fleet of amusement rides;
- hot air balloons enduring as the distinctive product and as the focal point in terms of providing the ambience and the foundation for the other aspects of the event;
- night glows near the two stages during the four evenings of the event;
- two stages running simultaneously for evening performances:
a high calibre Quebec program lineup and international artists on the Casino Lac-Leamy Stage;
an expanded Quebecois program lineup on the Hydro-Québec Stage;
- a fully redesigned site plan designed to maximize the public area in front of the stages in order to bring together family activities and optimize the immersive and multi-sensorial experience of festival-goers;
- integration of RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology for wristbands for greater security and quality of admission at parc de la Baie; and
- a creative process that will extend into 2022.
Three key dates to remember:
April 24: Unveiling of the program lineup
April 25: Wristbands go on sale starting at 9 a.m.
August 29 to September 2: 32nd edition of the FMG