Arrival and Parking for RVs
1089, rue Jacques Cartier, Gatineau, Québec, J8T 2W3
GPS : 126.96.36.199.0 N et -188.8.131.52.5 W
Reception desk hours are as follows:
|Tuesday||9 a.m. to 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9 a.m. to 9 p.m.|
|Thursday and Friday||8 a.m. to 9 p.m.|
|Saturday and Sunday||9 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Monday||9 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
Anyone arriving after hours can park in the parking lot overnight until the attendant arrives in the morning.
Departure time: 4 p.m.
If you plan on attending the Monday evening show before you leave, you must pack up and position your RV for departure immediately after the show.
Parking permits are of different colours depending on the day of departure.
There are no reserved sites. All sites are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Parking for RVs travelling in groups
RV owners wishing to park next to each other must arrive at the same time.
RV owners will be given temporary sites at the edge of the field to wait for their friends, if possible. Once the whole group has arrived, attendants will assign them adjoining sites, circumstances permitting.
RV owner association gatherings
Notwithstanding the preceding, the management of the Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival reserves the right to sign agreements with various camping and RV associations and the Festival`s partners. In such cases, one or more sections may be reserved for these associations for their activities. Only their members may use those sections.
- RV owners report to the reception tent with proof of registration (including the invoice number) and ID, and will then receive their reserved package.
- RV owners may add extra nights, wristband-passports, parking, meals at the AeroClub, balloon rides, etc., according to their availability.
- At this point, RV owners may fill up their water containers.
- The attendants will then assign a site to each recreational vehicle (RV), on a first come, first served basis. RVs will be assigned sites in sequence in open sections as they arrive.
- If an RV owner wishes to be located at another site, this request will be granted as long as it does not disrupt the parking process. Attendants have the final say in this matter.
In order to ease local traffic congestion, RVs are required to leave the Domaine by rue Jacques-Cartier.
If your parking permit is valid until Monday, you can extend your stay until Tuesday for as little as $15. Simply go to the reception desk to make the necessary arrangements.