Recreational Vehicle Campground Rules
These rules were prepared for the well-being and comfort all campers attending the festival.
- Campers have to register in the welcome tent at the Domaine des caravaniers during business hours. After hours, they can park in the parking lot overnight until the attendant arrives in the morning.
- Be sure to paste the parking sticker on your windshield as soon as you arrive.
- The occupancy permit must be clearly visible through a window of the RV.
- All sites are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Each RV must be parked as instructed by the event handlers.
- It is strictly prohibited to reserve a spot for another camper with a car or any other equipment.
- It is strictly prohibited to reserve a site for an automobile.
- Two or more RVs may not be parked in a “U” shape arrangement.
- Campers must respect the boundaries of the site assigned to them in order to avoid obstructing roads and pathways. The RV, cars (maximum of two per site) and any equipment must not protrude beyond the site boundaries.
- The vehicle must be detached from the RV if the two together exceed the length of the assigned site.
- Any change in site must be approved by an official of the Domaine.
- Only cars assigned a parking sticker may enter the campsite. Visitors must leave their car outside the Domaine.
- The use of all-terrain vehicles on the Festival grounds is strictly prohibited, but is tolerated within the Domaine.
- RV owners wishing to stay an extra night must make arrangements and pay the additional fee at the reception.
- Everyone on the Festival grounds must wear the appropriate wristband-passport.
- Out of respect for the event sponsors, campers may not post “For Sale” signs on their RVs. Itinerant vendors will not be tolerated on the site without previous arrangements.
Safety and fires
- The speed limit on the campground is 10 km/hour.
- Weapons of all kinds are prohibited, including arrows, firecrackers and fireworks.
- Campfires are prohibited at the campground, regardless of the type of fireplace or container used.
- Only propane BBQs are allowed.
- All Gatineau fire regulations regarding recreational vehicles must be followed.
- A water station is available for filling RV reservoirs for domestic use. No temporary or permanent hookup to the Domaine water supply is permitted.
- No hookup to any power source located within the Domaine is permitted without authorization from a site official.
Respect for the neighbourhood and the environment
- Quiet time is from 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Generators may be used from 8 to 9 a.m., noon to 1 p.m., and 5 to 6:30 p.m.
- Waste must be placed in a plastic bag and dropped into the containers provided for this purpose.
- Damaging or cutting trees, shrubs, plants, etc. is prohibited.
- It is prohibited to pour any type of liquid or solid waste from your RV onto the ground.
- Ten (10) draining stations are available free of charge on the campground.
- Alcoholic drinks may only be consumed in your section or unit. It is strictly prohibited to bring alcoholic beverages into the Festival grounds.
- Please use shatter-proof containers outside your section or unit.
- Any excess noise that could inconvenience or disturb the other campers in any way is strictly prohibited at all times.
- Indecency, nudity, loud arguments, brawls and bad behaviour are prohibited.
- We ask that you leave your site clean upon your departure.
Pets are permitted in accordance with this policy.
- They must be leashed at all times within the Domaine.
- They must not disrupt the neighbourhood or cause any disturbances.
- Their droppings must be picked up.
Pets are not permitted on the Festival grounds.
The Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival bears no responsibility for accidents or injuries that occur within the Domaine.
Neither the Festival corporation nor Ville de Gatineau can be held responsible for the loss of belongings or damage caused to a vehicle, an RV or any other property. Do not leave any objects (ice bucket, bicycle, chair, barbecue, etc.) unattended outside your RV.
Festival management reserves the right to evict without notice any client, as well as any person accompanying that client, who breaks one or more of the rules or who is considered undesirable. Moreover, evicted clients will not be entitled to a refund.
As indicated when you paid for your spot, there is no reimbursement or exchange.
Management may amend these rules or expand upon them without prior notice.
Emergency: Police – Fire – Ambulance
Information : 819-243-2331 ext. 1-8-1
During the event, the office phone number will be transferred to a cell phone.